Friday, May 1, 2009

My World

In my Utopian World
there would be no perfect figure.
Young women wouldn’t strive
to look like one another .
Young souls wouldn’t shatter
in disappointment to look like the thin.
Beauty would only be found from within.
Supermodels in our society would be the Mother Teresa types,
so loving, so carIng, beautiful and gifted inside.
Too fat...
Too thin...
Too short ...
Too tall ...
It’s all a game,
a game that we have no longer have to play.
human figures would be the last talk of the day.
Wearing a bathing suit wouldn’t be as hard as it is.
Young girls wouldn’t harm their bodies to please their peers.
If we live in Utopian World.
There would be no perfect figure only perfect love.


Today for a second I waited,
A pause that I needed to take,
Held tight were my eyes to the pillow,
Delayed was the motion to wake.
A moment was needed to listen,
To the silence that filled the new day.
A moment to be more desicive,
About the self that I want to potray.

Sometimes I wish I felt pretty,
Sometimes I wish I was more,
Sometimes I wish I could vanish,
Throught a promising wide – open door.
Sometimes I wish I felt needed.
Sometimes I wish it was true.
Sometimes I wish I could realize,
All the things that I’ve needed to do.

But the wishes of maybe are countless,
And the hours do not disagree,
That time makes a habit of slipping away
And there’s only one chance to be me.

I’ll always know when I’m tired
And I’ll always know each mistake.
I’ll always know when I’m fake.
I’ll never regret that which happens,
I’ll never deny a good friend.
I’ll never, on purpose, harm my own heart,
I’ll be there for me in the end.

No comments: