Monday, November 24, 2008

Second Chance to be Me

Second Chance to be Me
Today for a second I waited,
A pause that I needed to take,
Held tight were my eyes to the pillow,
Delayed was the motion to wake.
A moment was needed to listen,
To the silence that filled the new day.
A moment to be more decisive,
About the self that I want to portray.

Sometimes I wish I felt pretty,
Sometimes I wish I was more,
Sometimes I wish I could vanish,
Through a promising wide – open door.
Sometimes I wish I felt needed.
Sometimes I wish it was true.
Sometimes I wish I could realize,
All the things that I’ve needed to do.

But the wishes of maybe are countless,
And the hours do not disagree,
That time makes a habit of slipping away
And there’s only one chance to be me.

I’ll always know when I’m tired
And I’ll always know each mistake.
I’ll always know when I’m fake.
I’ll never regret that which happens,
I’ll never deny a good friend.
I’ll never, on purpose, harm my own heart,
I’ll be there for me in the end.

No comments: