Tuesday, January 19, 2010

God's Grace

I did not know His love before
The way I know it now
I could not see my need for Him
My pride would not allow.
I had it all, without a care
The “self-sufficient” lie
My path was smooth, my sea was still
Not a cloud was in my sky.
I thought I knew His love for me
I thought I’d seen His grace
I thought I did not need to grow
I thought I’d found my place.
But then the way grew rough and dark
The storm clouds quickly rolled
The waves began to rock my ship
I found I had no hold.

The ship that I had built myself
Was made of foolish pride
It fell apart and left me bare
With nowhere else to hide.
I had no strength or faith to face
The trials that lay ahead
And so I simply spoke His name
And bowed my weary head.

His loving arms enveloped me
And then He helped me stand
He said, “You still must face this storm
But I will hold your hand.”
So through the dark and lonely night
He guided me through pain
I could not see the light of day
Or when I’d smile again.

Yet through the pain and endless tears
My faith began to grow
I could not see it at the time
But my light began to glow.
I saw God’s love in a brand new light
His grace and mercy, too.
For only when all self was gone
Could Jesus’ love shine through.
Haleluyah, God is the best...

By the name of Jesus Christ,i post.

No comments: